THE NEW GDPR
Prepare your school for the General Data Protection Regulations
LET’S KEEP IT SIMPLE!
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) will apply to all schools adding extra responsibilities to those of the Data Protection Act 1998. The new regulations come into force on the 25th of May, 2018. All schools will have to comply with those new regulations and they must ensure that the strategies they currently have in place for data protection are compliant. Failure to do so may result in very heavy fines for breaches.
This is a training day to help schools prepare for compliance with the new GDPR requirements. We will keep it simple and we will show schools what they need to put into place.
This training course will outline a school’s main responsibilities and help you to make the necessary changes that are required.
We will help delegates to:
- Understand how the current data protection regulations apply to schools
- Consider how the upcoming data protection regulations will affect schools
- Prepare schools for compliance with the new EU data protection regulations
- Understand the requirement for compliance, and timely reporting of data breaches
Delegates will be given a memory stick with draft examples of key safeguarding policies and many other key documents to use as a useful working resource when they return to school. Attendance certificates will be issued to delegates.
Audience: Headteachers; SLT Members; Senior Administrators, Governors
Course Leader: Tricia Murphy Course Fee: £250.00 plus VAT
Course Day: Arrive 9.30am for a 10.00 start and the Day ends at 3.00pm.
- Croissants, Bacon rolls, fresh fruit and refreshments are available on arrival and
- A two course lunch will be taken in the restaurant