‘ASP’ and IDSR 2018
Analysing Your School Performance Data
GETTING TO KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
This is a day designed to help heads and members of their leadership teams to get to grips with these two important benchmarking documents, the ASP (Assessing School Performance) and IDSR (inspection Data Summary Report). Ian will work with delegates to SIMPLIFY the essential parts of these crucial documents and he will show heads how they can be used to set the priorities in their SDPs (School Development Plans). Ian will also help headteachers to present their data in the best possible light for the school. Bring your leadership team to get a shared understanding of the school’s data by working together on your ASP and IDSR.
The day will address the key issues relating to your data reports including:
- Understanding the ‘ASP’ and IDSR and the changes of 2018
- What are the key parts you need to look at in each document?
- What is it that we need to know from ‘ASP’ and IDSR?
- How the IDSR is linked to the ASP especially focussing on the ‘Areas to Investigate’ in the ISDR.
- How is the school benchmarked against other schools nationally?
- How will OFSTED use ‘ASP’ prior to an inspection to hold the school to account?
- How the data in your IDSR and ASP should determine priorities for your School Development Plan
- By the end of the day you will be able to analyse and interpret your IDSR and ASP with confidence.
Schools are asked to bring a paper copy of their latest ‘IDSR’ and ‘ASP’ data (which will to be published in October 2018) and a summary of your SDP main priorities to the course. Ian will work with them to ensure that their school targets fully address the findings of the IDSR and that they have the right areas for improvement.
Course Leader: Ian Coulson. Ian is a current headteacher and School Adviser with Excellence in Education.
Audience: Headteachers, Senior Leadership Team Members and Key Members of the Governing Body.
Delegates are asked to arrive at 9.30am for a 10.00am start and the day ends at 3.00pm
Croissants, fresh fruit, bacon rolls and refreshments on arrival; fruit juice, tea and coffee at break and a two course lunch in the restaurant will be provided for delegates.
Course Fee: £250.00 plus VAT per place