‘Designated Senior Leaders for Mental Health’-TWO DAY TRAINING
ADVANCED CERTIFICATE – TWO DAY TRAINING
Two Day Certificated Course for Designated Senior Leaders for MH in Schools
This course will provide advanced training for Designated Senior Leaders for Mental Health including Headteachers and members of Senior Leadership Teams in primary and special schools. The DfE remains committed to ‘Transforming Children and Young people’s Mental Health Provision’ in schools. Government sponsored training will not be available to all schools until 2022. The new legal mental health duties for schools are planned to begin from 2019.
This two day certificated course will ensure that your Designated Senior Leader for Mental Health is trained and ready in this the first year of the new duties. Be ready for Ofsted’s inspection of well-being. All course members undertaking the two day training will be awarded an Advanced Certificate of Completion.
An outline of the two days::
Day1. Nov 13th Leading Mental Health for Pupils and Staff – Role Clarity
- Conducting an audit of your school SEMH provision
- Role and responsibilities of governing body and HT
- DSL The Role and key responsibilities
- Assessments for SEND support and EHCPs for social emotional and mental health
- Mental Health interventions for good mental health and Family Liaison
- Mental health in the curriculum
Day2. Dec 3rd Strategies for Preventing Mental Health Issues – Role Delivery
- The identification and support of pupils and staff at risk or showing signs of mental health issues
- Support and Referrals for anxiety, depression, general disorders
- Commissioning extra and specialist support in your school
- Eating disorders and self-harm; Depression, stress, anxiety
- Body/gender dysmorphia: Autistic Spectrum pupils and their mental health
- ADHD children and their mental health: Speech communication and pupils’ mental health
- Coordinating mental health needs of pupils and overseeing the delivery of interventions
Audience: DSL for Mental Health; Headteachers; SLT Course Leader: Tricia Murphy
Course Days: Delegates are asked to arrive at 9.30am for a 10.00am start and the day ends at 3.00pm.
Included in the day are refreshments, croissants, fresh fruit and bacon rolls on arrival and a two course lunch in the restaurant.
Course Fee: £450.00 plus VAT (In total for the two days) per place
*Please note by booking on the first day November 13th you will automatically be added to the second day*