ASP and IDSR 2019- ANALYSING YOUR SCHOOL PERFORMANCE DATA
ANALYSING YOUR SCHOOL PERFORMANCE DATA
Using your performance data to your advantage
We have planned this day to take place later in the term following the arrival of the ASP and IDSR into schools. It is a day designed to help heads and members of their leadership teams to get to grips with these two important benchmarking documents, the ASP (Assessing School Performance) and IDSR (Inspection Data Summary Report). Ian will work with delegates to SIMPLIFY the essential parts of these crucial documents and he will show heads how they can be used to set the priorities in their SDPs (School Development Plans). Ian will also help headteachers to present their data in the best possible light for the school.
Bring your leadership team to deep dive into your school’s data together!
During the day Ian will address the key issues relating to your data, including:
- Understanding the ASP and IDSR and the changes of 2018.
- What are the key parts you need to look at in each document?
- What is it that we need to know from ASP and IDSR?
- How the IDSR is linked to the ASP especially focussing on the ‘Areas to Investigate’ in the ISDR.
- How is the school benchmarked against other schools nationally?
- How will OFSTED use ASP prior to an inspection to hold the school to account?
- How the data in your IDSR and ASP should determine priorities for your School Development Plan.
- Ian will work with you to ensure that your school’s targets fully address the findings of the IDSR and that you have the right areas in your school improvement plan.
- By the end of the day you will be able to analyse and interpret your IDSR and ASP with confidence.
Bring a paper copy of your 2019 IDSR and ASP data (which will to be published in October 2019) and a summary of your SDP main priorities to the course.
Course Leader: Ian Coulson- A current headteacher and School Adviser with Excellence in Education.
Audience: Headteachers, Senior Leadership Team Members and Key Members of the Governing Body.
Course Day: Arrive 9.30am for a 10.00 start and the Day ends at 3.00pm. Croissants, fresh fruit, bacon rolls and refreshments on arrival; tea and coffee at break and a 2 course lunch in the restaurant will be provided for delegates.
Course Fee: £250.00 (plus VAT) per place