Advanced Safeguarding Training
KEEPING CHILDREN SAFE IN EDUCATION
ADVANCED SAFEGUARDING TRAINING
MEETING THE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR DSL
This is a training day for Designated Safeguarding Leads, Deputy DSLs, Headteachers, SLT members and Safeguarding Governors. DfE guidance requires that the designated safeguarding lead (and any deputies) must attend training to provide them with the knowledge and skills required to carry out the role. That training must be updated at least every two years and the designated safeguarding lead must undertake ‘Prevent’ awareness training.
The day will meet those statutory requirements and it will include:
- The statutory guidance on making arrangements to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- Keeping children safe in education- Department for Education.
- Working together to safeguard children- Department for Education.
- What to do if you’re worried a child is being abused – Advice for practitioners.
- The ‘Prevent duty guidance for England and Wales’.
- The requirements for ensuring that staff and volunteers receive adequate training.
- An understanding that in addition to this training schools must take account of their LSCB duties and requirements.
We will look at the policies and documents that schools need to have in place to underpin their safeguarding procedures. Delegates will be given a memory stick with draft examples of key safeguarding policies and many other key documents to use as a useful working resource when they return to school. Attendance certificates will be issued to delegates.
Audience: DSLs, Deputy DSLs, Headteachers, SLT Members and Safeguarding Governors
Course Leader: Tricia Murphy Course Fee: £250.00 plus VAT
Course Day: Arrive 9.30am for a 10.00am start and the day ends at 3.00pm.
Bacon rolls and refreshments on arrival and a 2 course lunch in the restaurant included