DEPUTY HEADS AND ASSISTANT HEADS Module 1
‘The Role - Opportunities and Challenges’
Leadership Certificate Course
This is a day for Deputy Heads and Assistant Heads. It stands in its own right but it has also been planned as the first module of three days certificated training for deputy and assistant heads. Each module is a complete inset day and the three modules can be taken in any order. On completion of the three modules, course members will be given the Excellence in Education Certificate for Deputy and Assistant Heads to add to their professional development portfolio to show that they have completed significant training in Leadership and Management.
It is an excellent way for headteachers to provide professional development for their deputy and assistant heads and to demonstrate that they are meeting the Ofsted requirement for doing so. It will equip deputy heads and assistant heads with important skills to bring back into school to make an effective contribution to the leadership and management team.
Topics covered on the day will include:
- The growth and development of deputy and assistant headship in school leadership
- The range of responsibilities included in the roles of deputy and assistant heads
- The relationship of their roles with that of the head’s role
- New developments in school leadership
- Key Issues facing deputy and assistant heads
- The challenges facing deputy and assistant heads
- Potential for role conflict and how to resolve it
- Work / Life balance – keeping a perspective
- Future development of the roles
Deputy Heads and Assistant Heads rarely have Leadership and Management Courses tailored to their particular needs. This is a course ‘bespoke’ for them.
Module 2 will be offered in the Spring/Summer Term 2020
Course Leader: Chris Pickup
Course Day: Arrive 9.30am for a 10.00 start and the Day ends at 3.00pm. Croissants, fresh fruit, bacon rolls and refreshments on arrival; tea and coffee at break and a 2 course lunch in the restaurant will be provided for delegates
Course Fee: £250.00 (plus VAT) per place per module.