Deputy and Assistant headship- module 1
A Key Senior Leadership Role of ‘Opportunity and Challenge’
This is a CPD day for Deputy Heads and Assistant Heads. It stands in its own right but it has been planned as the first module of three days training for deputy and assistant heads. Each module is a complete CPD day and the three modules can be taken in any order. On completion of the three modules, delegates will be given the Excellence in Education Leadership Certificate to add to their CPD portfolio to show that they have completed three days of significant training in Leadership and Management.
It is also an excellent way for headteachers to provide excellent professional development for their deputy and assistant heads and to meet the Ofsted requirement for doing so. It will equip deputy heads and assistant heads with important skills to bring back into school to make an effective contribution to the leadership and management team.
Topics covered on the day will include:
- The growth and development of deputy and assistant headship in school leadership
- The range of responsibilities included in the roles of deputy and assistant heads
- The relationship of their roles with that of the head’s role
- Key Issues facing deputy and assistant heads
- New developments in school leadership
- The challenges facing deputy and assistant heads
- Potential for role conflict and how to resolve it
- Work / Life balance – keeping a perspective
- Future development of the roles.
Deputy Heads and Assistant Heads rarely have Leadership and Management Courses tailored to their particular needs. This is a course ‘bespoke’ for them.
Module 2 will be offered in the Autumn Term 2018
Audience: Deputy Heads, Assistant Heads and those aspiring to become deputy and assistant heads
Course Leader: Chris Pickup Course Fee: £250.00 plus VAT
Course Day: Arrive 9.30am for a 10.00am start and the day ends at 3.00pm.
- Croissants, fresh fruit, bacon rolls and refreshments on arrival and a 2 course lunch in the restaurant included.