PREPARE Your Governors For Ofsted
Are your governors ready for inspection?
OFSTED Inspections now focus much more sharply on the role of the Governing Body to ensure that it is carrying out its statutory duties and responsibilities effectively and holding the school to account. This is a training day where Chris will work with school governors and headteachers to help them to be well-prepared for their next OFSTED inspection. Governance is evaluated as part of the judgement on ‘Leadership and Management’. If governors are judged to require improvement then the whole of Leadership and Management ‘require improvement’. It’s therefore crucial that the governors understand the importance of their role in contributing to the successful outcome of the inspection.
The course will include:
- The evidence that inspectors will use to evaluate how effectively governors challenge and hold senior leaders to account for all aspects of the school's performance and ensure financial stability.
- What inspectors will expect governors to know about the strengths and weaknesses of the school
- How inspectors will judge that governors are familiar with, and understand, performance data, including the information that the school data dashboard presents for their school.
- Plus much more
- Delegates will be given a comprehensive pack of resources on a memory stick, including training materials to use with the governing body
Chris will work with the delegates to help them action plan for the inspection to ensure that they have all key areas covered and that they can aim for a judgement of outstanding. Bring the key group of your governors that will be meeting with the Ofsted team and Chris will ensure that they are ready to battle effectively on behalf of the school!
Audience: Key Governors, Headteachers, SLT Members; Chairs of Governors and Vice Chairs.
Course Leader: Chris Pickup Course Fee: £250.00 plus VAT
Course Day: Arrive 9.30am for a 10.00am start and the day ends at 3.00pm.
- Croissants, fresh fruit, bacon rolls and refreshments on arrival and a 2 course lunch in the restaurant included.