Middle Leaders- Module 2
Middle LEADERS- MODULE 2
LEADING AN AREA OF THE SCHOOL’S Curriculum
The core purpose And Key outcomes of middle leadership
This is a CPD day for Middle Leaders, TLRs and those aspiring to Middle Leadership. It stands complete in its own right but it has been planned as the second module of three days training for Middle Leaders.
The three modules can be taken in any order. On completion of the three modules, course members will be given the new Excellence in Education Certificate of Middle Leadership to add to their professional development portfolio to show that they have completed three days of significant training in Leadership and Management.
Leading a Subject or Area of the School’s Curriculum is a key Ofsted priority in the New Inspection Framework 2019.
The course will include:
- Leading a subject or area of the curriculum effectively
- Addressing Ofsted's 2019 curriculum and subject quality indicators:
- Intent: what are you trying to achieve with your curriculum?
- Implementation: how is your curriculum delivered?
- Impact: what difference is your curriculum having on pupils?
- Writing a subject policy – best practice examples will be shared
- Preparing curriculum guidelines and schemes of work
- Leading Teaching and Learning
- Planning – Long term, medium term and short term planning
- Writing a subject action plan
- Preparing middle leaders for the New Ofsted Inspections 2019
- Leading staff curriculum teams
All course members will be given a memory stick full of valuable resources and key documents.
Course Leader: Chris Pickup Audience: Headteachers; SLT Members; Curriculum Leaders.
Course Day: Delegates are asked to arrive at 9.30am for a 10.00am start and the day ends at 3.00pm. Croissants, fresh fruit, bacon rolls and refreshments on arrival; tea and coffee at break and a two-course lunch in the restaurant will be provided for delegates.
Course Fee: £250.00 (plus VAT) per place.
Course Date: Thurs 13th June Bellavista, Rochdale. Wildhouse Ln, Milnrow, Rochdale OL16 3JW