OFSTED’s New Framework and SENDCOs
- Is your SENDCO prepared and briefed for their key role in the New Inspections?
- Is your SEND provision ready for the new inspection changes?
This is a day to help SENDCOs and schools prepare for the inspection of their SEND provision under the New Framework for 2019. Tricia Murphy will use her excellent knowledge and extensive background to ensure that SENDCOs and other course members are well-prepared for the inspection of SEND. During the past eighteen months many new areas that fall under the SENDCO role have been amended or changed and given different perspectives. This will be a practical day aimed at the needs of SENDCOs, SEND governors and headteachers. Tricia will ensure that SENDCOs are clear about what they are required to have in place for inspection. In addition, she will update delegates on any recent developments and changes in SEND requirements. This will be an excellent day for both your SENDCO and designated SEND Governor to attend.
The course will include:
- The new SEND areas of the Inspection Framework 2019
- The SENDCO’s key role in the New Inspection Framework
- Judging the quality of the school’s provision for assessment and progress of SEND pupils
- Building evidence of SEND pupils’ progress and attainment in the foundation subjects and across the whole curriculum
- The changes to the SEND Information Report
- The changing role of Social and Emotional Mental Health and the Code of Practice 2015
- The SEND funding crisis and its implications for schools and SENDCOs
- Parent and pupil involvement in reporting on line
- Updates on Safeguarding and SEND
Course Leader: Tricia Murphy Audience: SENDCOs Headteachers; and Governors Course Fee: £250.00 (plus VAT) per place
Course Day: Delegates are asked to arrive at 9.30am for a 10.00am start and the day ends at 3.00pm. Croissants, fresh fruit, bacon rolls and refreshments on arrival; tea and coffee at break and a two course lunch in the restaurant will be provided for delegates
Course Date: Thursday 21st March Bellavista, Rochdale. Wildhouse Ln, Milnrow, Rochdale OL16 3JW