Ofsted and reception classes
Promoting best practice in reception classes ‘Bold Beginnings’
The Findings of OFSTED/HMI report of the provision in Reception Classes
During 2017 OFSTED visited primary schools to look for best practice in Reception Classes and they reported their findings at the end of the autumn term. The report is entitled ‘Bold Beginnings.’ The report sets out how headteachers and leaders can successfully raise the quality of provision. It identifies strengths and weaknesses in teaching and learning for children in reception classes. HMI found that a third of all 5 year olds are being failed by their reception experience. They report that the picture for disadvantaged children is even worse, with nearly half of them failing to meet expected levels of development at this unique and important stage. HMI also set out the very best and most effective practice that they saw. Chris will work with delegates to analyse the report and to identify matters that schools need to consider in response to the findings.
The day will include:
- HMI/OFSTEDs Reception Class Judgement Recording Check List
- An reception audit tool for heads, KS1 Leaders and reception teachers
- The context of the report and how the survey was conducted
- The weaknesses identified by HMI in Reception classes
- The main strengths found in Reception classes by HMI
- The very best and most effective practice that the HMI saw
- The best impact and influence of headteachers and other leaders in promoting best practice
- The most effective curriculum in Reception and its relationship with the statements in the EYFSP and the ELGs. .
- Delegates will be given a memory stick with key documents to use as a useful working resource when they return to school
Audience: Headteachers, SLT, KS1 Leaders, EYFS Leaders and Reception Teachers
Course Leader: Chris Pickup Course Fee: £250.00 plus VAT
Course Day: Arrive 9.30am for a 10.00am start and the day ends at 3.00pm.
- Croissants, fresh fruit, bacon rolls and refreshments on arrival and a 2 course lunch in the restaurant included.
*If you would like to pay for this course after April 2018 please contact us on 01706 847 876*