Preparing for ‘Deep Dives’ into your Foundation Subjects
Assessing Intent, Implementation and Impact
Is your assessment strategy in Foundation Subjects ready for Ofsted?
The Ofsted New Inspection framework has a strong focus on the Foundation Subjects e.g. music, P.E. history, art and geography. This course will prepare senior leaders and subject leaders for the new Ofsted Inspections in 2019. It will set out what senior leaders and subject leaders need to do in preparation for the new focus on the foundation curriculum with its emphasis on Intent, Implementation and Impact.
A very useful pack of support materials will be provided to help delegates prepare for their next inspection. These will include checklists for subject leaders to prepare for their subject leadership interviews and questions that inspectors are likely to ask subject leaders, children and senior leaders. You will be offered work scrutiny proformas and other documents to customise for your school. The day will help you review and evaluate your current practice for assessment across the foundation subjects that make up your rich, broad and balanced curriculum.
The day will:
- Explore how the new framework is used to judge Intent, Implementation and Impact in the subjects of the foundation curriculum
- Look at the ‘fourth Eye’ – Interpretation
- Provide feedback from inspections that have already taken place under the New Framework
- Focus on the important and crucial elements of the new inspections and how to prepare for them
- Offer examples of quality learning experiences that generate ‘sticky knowledge’ and alter long term memory (knowledge building) in the foundation subjects
- Share examples from schools in the North West that have developed their curriculum
- Use video, of children responding to questions and senior leaders’ preparation of the curriculum in advance of the new framework
- Provide delegates with a full package of materials and resources that can be customised for use in your school
Audience: Headteachers; SLT Members; Curriculum Leaders Course Leader: Ian Coulson
Course Day: Delegates are asked to arrive at 9.30am for a 10.00am start and the day ends at 3.00pm.
Included in the day are refreshments, croissants, fresh fruit and bacon rolls on arrival and a two course lunch in the restaurant.
Course Fee: £250.00 (plus VAT) per place