Relationships Education - Let’s get it right!
Getting to grips with the DfE Guidelines for 2020
This course will unpick the changes set out in the new statutory DfE Guidelines for Relationships Education for 2020. It will look at how best to incorporate the new guidelines within your current PSHE curriculum.
The day will consider what constitutes effective teaching and learning of Relationships Education across the curriculum. Tricia will provide a wealth of practical tips and plans for you to take back into school. She will provide crucial advice on how to avoid the many potential pitfalls associated with the new guidelines. She will look at how the New Ofsted Framework 2019 will judge the quality of your provision for Relationships Education in its two new sections -Behaviour and Attitudes and Personal Development.
If your school aims to achieve an overall judgement of either ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ it is crucial to get Relationships Education right. Tricia will help you to get it right and keep it simple!
- Explain the changes set out in the new DfE Guidelines and what is expected of schools by 2020
- Consider how schools should meet the requirement for them to promote Relationships Education
- Set out the kind of provision for the curriculum, teaching and learning that will be successful in promoting Relationships Education
- Look at the place of Relationships Education in the New Ofsted Inspections in the two key sections of the Inspection Framework 2019
- Work with delegates to ensure that they can take back into school effective strategies for highlighting the quality of their provision in these areas
- Consider how schools can demonstrate the Intent, Implementation and Impact of Relationships Education
- Give delegates a draft policy and an audit plus other key resources on a memory stick
- Explain how to keep parents ‘on board’ and how to stay out of TV and newspaper headlines!
Audience: Headteachers, SLT Members, Middle Leaders, and Relationships Education Leaders and governors.
Course Day: Arrive 9.30am for a 10.00 start and the Day ends at 3.00pm. Croissants, fresh fruit, bacon rolls and refreshments on arrival; tea and coffee at break and a 2 course lunch in the restaurant will be provided for delegates
Course Leader: Tricia Murphy Course Fee: £250.00 plus VAT per place