THE NEW INSPECTION FRAMEWORK 2019
Getting the inside track of the new inspections
From September the final versions of the NEW EDUCATION INSPECTION FRAMEWORK (EIF) and the HANDBOOKS FOR INSPECTION come into place. They set out the new arrangements for the inspection of all schools under Sections 5 and 8 of the Education Act. They outline how all schools will now be inspected and they will also be the basis for the growing number of inspections of ‘Outstanding’ schools.
Chris will explain the key changes including:
- The new inspection process
- New areas of judgement and their focus on the quality of education and the curriculum
- The importance of getting the three ‘i’s – intent, implementation, impact right
- The criteria inspectors will use to make graded judgements
- The pre-inspection preparation process
- The nature of the ‘90’ minute phone call with the headteacher
- The documents schools are required to provide
- The deployment of inspectors
- The new strategies for making judgements
- How inspectors will ‘Deep Dive’ into the curriculum
- Reaching an overall judgement
He will take you through the changes step by step and he will explain their possible impact on schools. He intends to put delegates on the inside track of the new inspection process and show them how to take control to successfully work in partnership with the inspectors.
Audience: Headteachers; SLT Members and Governors Course Leader: Chris Pickup
Course Day: Delegates are asked to arrive at 9.30am for a 10.00am start and the day ends at 3.00pm.
Included in the day are refreshments, croissants, fresh fruit and bacon rolls on arrival and a two course lunch in the restaurant.
Course Fee £250 (plus VAT) per place