Writing your 6 Page SES
Get your SES ‘done and dusted’ in a DAY!
Headteachers are expected to present their contextual pre-inspection information to inspectors in a Self-Evaluation Summary (SES) that is preferably no more than six pages long.
Reduced time for inspections means that Ofsted Inspectors greatly value these shorter self-evaluation summaries. A well-written SES usually has a significant impact on an inspection. It will be the school’s platform for the ‘90’ minute phone call with the inspector.
This is a crucial ‘getting ready’ day where headteachers and key staff will be able work with Chris to write their SES in the day. During the day we will also prepare a two page summary version of the SES.
Chris will guide you through the SES section by section. He will advise you about what to write.
- The pace will be brisk but ample time will be given for drafting the sections
- It’s a great opportunity for leadership teams to work together in a pleasant setting away from school
- Bring a laptop computer or work on paper
- Have your laptop fully charged – a limited number of electricity plug points will be available
- All delegates will be given a copy of our latest 2019 SES Pack
- It will include electronic(Word Format) and paper copies of the SES
- By the end of the day you will have your NEW SES done and dusted!
Audience: Headteachers; SLT Members and Governors Course Leader: Chris Pickup
Course Day: Delegates are asked to arrive at 9.30am for a 10.00am start and the day ends at 3.00pm.
Included in the day are refreshments, croissants, fresh fruit and bacon rolls on arrival and a two course lunch in the restaurant.
Course Fee: £250.00 (plus VAT) per place